Chief of Party – Jordan Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Activity
Location: Amman, Jordan
Start Date: This is for a proposed project, start date expected to be around January 2019 – this position is contingent on KANAVA’s success in their bid for funding.
KANAVA International seeks a Chief of Party (COP) candidate for an anticipated USAID activity in Jordan. The Jordan Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Activity is a five-year activity designed to contribute to:
- Ensuring that USAID’s development programs in Jordan achieve their intended results through an efficient and effective mechanism;
- Building the institutional capacity of local MEL firms to assuming increasing management responsibility of MEL awards.
Objectives and Expected Results:
The COP will oversee a programmatic budget of up to $49.99 million to provide support services for designing and conducting evaluations, monitoring performance, and applying learning and adaptive management, while ensuring sustainability through building the capacity of USAID and implementing partner staff, as well as local stakeholders.
The COP will be expected to manage a range of complex activities with multiple stakeholders, including:
- Overseeing a team of expatriate and Jordanian MEL and capacity building specialists responsible for conducting and better utilizing evaluations, assessments, and performance monitoring and data analysis;
- Strengthening collaboration, learning and adapting (CLA) within USAID/Jordan;
- Enhancing strategic communications on MEL to communicate the visible and meaningful results for USAID/Jordan programs;
- Building the capacity of Jordanian MEL firms to become direct USAID partners; and
- Liaising with USAID to ensure that USAID MEL needs are met.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master’s Degree in Management, International Development, or related field;
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience leading a USAID project as a Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party;
- Minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in international consulting on donor-funded projects, with a strong preference for USAID experience;
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in developing or managing monitoring & evaluation programs across multiple projects is required;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience building the capacity of local organizations plus project management is required;
- Strong familiarity with USAID’s CLA framework;
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
- Previous work in Jordan is preferred;
- Fluency in English at high level (Very Good to Excellent);
- Effective communication skills, including written and oral English, to fulfill the technical and managerial requirements of the program and to effectively work with stakeholders;
- Exceptional leadership skills.
KANAVA spurs economic development by helping build sustainable organizations, focusing on strengthening their management capacity to better support their technical work. As a women-owned and service-disabled veteran-owned small business, KANAVA brings half a century of experience in military operations, diplomacy, and international development. We currently work on projects in Africa, Asia, and the U.S.
Please send cover letter and CV that clearly show how applicant meets qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: “Chief of Party – Jordan MEL”. Applicants should also include a writing sample and a list of three names for references.
Deadline for Application:
June 30, 2018