Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Consultants
KANAVA International, LLC is recruiting short-term, CLA consultants for potential assignments in support of KANAVA International’s work on USAID-funded projects, including potential assignments in Jordan.
Consultants will work to develop and support Kanava’s CLA activities. Specific tasks may include:
- Support the development and implementation of learning agendas;
- Design and facilitate learning activities in support of an M&E program and M&E capacity building;
- Ensure adequate consultations and engagement of all stakeholders in learning activities;
- Advise on the incorporation of project learning and organizational learning best practices;
- Build local capacity in project-based learning and knowledge management.
- Strong English language skills (native or professional levels in speaking, reading, and writing), fluency in Arabic, French, or Spanish a plus;
- Advanced degree related to Organizational Development, Organizational Learning, Knowledge Management, or Development Studies, ideally with training in social science research methods (quantitative and qualitative);
- Experience in developing and supporting learning agendas in support of M&E and capacity building projects;
- Experience facilitating peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application, activity-based capacity strengthening, evidence and data utilization, with a collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) framework;
- Demonstrated skill and experience in facilitating groups, meetings, and events (both online and in-person), resulting in collaborative decision-making, agreed upon action items/priorities, and strong outcomes;
- Ability to convey the importance of strategic learning from M&E activities across a range of sectors and the implementation of knowledge management practices in support of a comprehensive program (learning at the project and program level);
- Experience with adult learning and on-the-job learning approaches to build capacity in the implementation of CLA frameworks;
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical methods in complex settings, and to transform findings into actionable plans;
- Experience with data management, learning, and/or KM platforms;
- Experience applying Big Data Analytics to integrated platforms that cross related USAID programs within a country, particularly, demonstrated experience analyzing accomplishments and shortfalls and differentiating these between design and implementation;
- Facilitation of groups, meetings, and events - both online and in person;
- Experience designing and implementing learning and knowledge management activities as well as facilitating training on the same;
- Familiarity with USAID’s CLA approaches as well as KM framework;
- Experience with communities of practice, both online and in person;
- Experience developing and leading knowledge management programs, facilitating communities of practice, and social networking;
- Demonstrated success in mentoring and/or coaching staff in learning, knowledge sharing, collaborative work, and the development of communities of practice;
- Sensitivity to gender-related issues in the context of the implementation of a CLA framework;
- Strong organizational, writing, and communications skills.
KANAVA spurs economic development by helping build sustainable organizations, focusing on strengthening their management capacity to better support their technical work. As a women-owned and service-disabled veteran-owned small business, KANAVA brings half a century of experience in military operations, diplomacy, and international development. We currently work on projects in Africa, Asia, and the U.S.
Please send CV electronically to email@example.com, subject line: CLA ST Recruit. Candidates will be selected on an on-going basis; only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.